What makes for a good application?
- Look at the application form before applying to see what information you will need to have ready. You might have to prepare some materials in advance, including resume and references.
- Present yourself professionally. Ensure that your application contains no typos, grammatical errors, or incorrect information.
- Answer the open-ended questions that are being asked, not a related question you would prefer to answer. Provide responses that are detailed but concise. Convey what you bring to the table and what you hope to get out of the program.
- Be candid and honest about your interests and experiences. Don't try to "fit" what you think we are looking for. Instead, convey why you are who we are looking for.
- Need help with your resume? Visit the Center for Career Engagement during their drop-in hours or check out their website for resume resources.
What else should I know when applying?
- These programs are non-credit, co-curricular opportunities that are meant to complement academic coursework. The time commitment is not the same as a class, but is also not negligible. All participants are expected to fully engage with the material.
- If you are applying to multiple programs, please check the appropriate box on the application and indicate which one is your preference. If your preference changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assume that if you apply for a program, you are fully interested in participating even if it is not your first preference.
- Please report any scheduling conflicts in advance. While one or two absences will not prevent you from being accepted into the program, the high demand for these programs requires that we prioritize students who can take advantage of the full experience.
- References would be expected to provide a brief endorsement if contacted. No letters of recommendation will be required.
Any last advice?
- Don't be discouraged if you aren't accepted into a program this time around. There are lots of ways to get involved with the Eisenhower Institute throughout the year and we will be recruiting for our next set of programs soon.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.